Monday, July 26, 2010

Can you recommend a a good drug store shampoo & conditioner for damaged hair?

I have colored my hair 2 times in the past 2 mos. and need to make it healthier again. I cant buy the salon stuff right now.Can you recommend a a good drug store shampoo %26amp; conditioner for damaged hair?
I fried my hair a few months ago and used different products, but these were the cheap ones I found that worked.





Since you ask about drugstore brands, a lot of my friends, and myself included, have really been impressed with the Sunsilk line. I've tried pretty much every formula, the one for straightening, the one for frizzy hair, poofy hair, etc... but my favorite remains ';Hydra TLC'; in the pink bottle. I love their conditioner- I hate when conditioners are either too thick or too watery, and this conditioner seemed to have the right balance of both for my hair.





Also, I would try a VO5 hot oil treatment. My hair is really thick, so I used to use two bottles even though it suggested only using one a week (if I remember right, they came in boxes of 3 or 4 bottles for under 5 dollars), but it certainly did help. Your hair is not going to repair itself immediately, but I started to see a major difference certainly within 2 weeks (a *major* difference).





For whenever you feel you can splurge, when I fried my hair once recently, I had awesome luck with Joico's K-Pak Reconstructing treatment. I spent about 20 minutes staring at it and wondering whether to spend the extra money on it, then caved in and was so thankful later! Also, Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum is practically magical. But again, a little pricey (though a little goes a long way, so it lasts quite a while).





Advice that does not pertain to products:


I would also recommend getting your hair trimmed- JUST trimmed- once every 4 weeks until you think it's back to normal, then go back to about once every 8 weeks. It helps prevent further damage since your hair has already been weakened, and then the products you use will work more thoroughly.


Also, try not shampooing every day, perhaps every other day. Just condition. If you can (I don't know where you are but it's cold where I am) try to let your hair air-dry a few times a week if it's feasible, but if you have to blow-dry it, use a heat protection spray (Sunsilk has one in their ThermaShine line, which is the replacement for the old ThermaSilk brand and they are purple).





Hope this helps!Can you recommend a a good drug store shampoo %26amp; conditioner for damaged hair?
Hot oil treatment is a very good idea. Dont know which brand is best though. The best brand of shampoo is PANTENE PRO-V they have very good reasonably priced products and a product for any problem.
I have heard from 2 hair stylists that using V08 hot oil is supposed to dramatically improve your hair. I haven't used it before but they suggested this after I severely damaged my hair by straightening it and coloring it in one day.
Girl you need to try this NOW.


I think you should check out www.biolustreflorida.com


Instantly repairs your hair, increase tensile strength=staying power=retaining what you have, so no flyaways in tub or brush=longer hair in a month.


I just went to their launch party and had my hair done, free as a demo. Its amazing, my hair was breaking off and flying away. I will always always buy this stuff. Its awesome, I saw a difference as soon as she rinsed my hair. I have no damage anymore, its unbelievable! No more split-ends, its like my hair is NEW! I love it!


www.biolustreflorida.com


Make sure you watch their video on the site,


its amazing. Lady changes her hair color 3 times in 30 minutes with NO DAMAGE


Instant Hair Repair for REAL

No comments:

Post a Comment