Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Could anyone recommend a really good shampoo & conditioner for dry hair?

I straighten my hair everyday, I no I shouldnt so please dont say 'Stop' because my hair is a total mess if I dont!





So are there any shampoos and conditioners (available in the UK) which I could use to help it.





Thanks in advance!!Could anyone recommend a really good shampoo %26amp; conditioner for dry hair?
The Australian bodycare range is fab. They do a 3 minute miracle conditioner which really does do what it says but for an extra boost you can leave it on overnight. It also smells absolutely gorgeous. To protect your hair always put a protective spray on before you dry or straighten it. If you can leave it to dry naturally as often as possible as this is one less heat source being blasted onto your poor hair. (try showering before bed and let it dry overnight then straighten in morning (after using a heat defense spray).Could anyone recommend a really good shampoo %26amp; conditioner for dry hair?
try the Aussie shampoo and conditioner, its really good. I also use a charles worthington straightening cream (put it on your hair wet before straightening). This protects your hait and helps make it even smoother!
So do I!





Don't use conditioner. I don't. Your head will naturally produce the oils it needs to moisturise it.





Make sure you get a hair cut about once every 2 months if you want good, healthy hair. Even just a trim.





Sorry, I don't know what shampoos are available over there as I am in Au.
I straighten my hair loads as well.


I use tresemme heat protection spray before i straigten my hair.


Alberto Ba;sam is really good and the strawberries and cream smells gorg.


Leave the conditioner in for a few minutes so it can soak in and nourish your hair properly.





Good luck with the hair problem!
My suggestions would depend on your budget - the Aussie range is very good and the 3 minute conditioner will resuscitate most hair! However my favourite is Bliss lemon and sage conditioning rinse - I've tried all of the Aveda damage remedy and Kerastase versions for dry hair but the ones that really worked for me are the 2 above - another much cheaper option is to put olive oil on your hair once a week (check web for what to do). BTW do you use some damage control before you straighten - Paul Mitchell seal %26amp; shine or Bumble and Bumble tonic are both excellent for me.
My hairdresser said that herbal essences are the best
i am a hairdresser and the best thing is L'Oreal Intense Repair shampoo and intense repair conditioning treatment. use this for 1 month to get your hair repaired or longer depending on how corse your hair is . then move on to L' Oreal liss extreme shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair silky soft. believe me i hav tried everyting out there and this stuff is amazing. it really does do what it says. you can get these products in any hair salon that stocks L'Oreal or try ebay.
i dont know if its available in uk or not but the pantene black shampoo is nice.sunsilk pink is also good


try any conditioner from dove with it.it works for me





sorry if these arent available there(im from india)
Elvive 2 IN 1 Shampoo and Conditioner from Loreal? It comes for all different hair types, i use the greasy hair one cos my hair is greasy, but u can get it for coloured, dry, normal, greasy hair. U can also get it in anti dandruff.
Heyy .. i have the same problem .. and i also straighten my hair most days.





i use Alberto Balsam (stwarberries %26amp; cream) shampoo - which is for dry/damaged hair. it works well and smells delicious. I get this from asda - but have seen it in most supermarkets.





i also use the Andrew Barton - Shiny Happy Hair range (only available at asda aparently). I use the S.O.S Help Me conditioner - its great. Its in a sort of hair gel tib. lol.





Hope this helpss !


xx
I have quite dry hair, so I use VO5 shampoos and conditioner ... my favourite ones are the Silky Smooth ones (that ones the yellow one) but the Nourishing ones are good too (that's the purple one). For straightening, use L'oreal Studio straightening cream before you blow dry, it's really good - my hair's almost afro and it works on me! Also, if it helps, put a teensy bit of olive oil in your hair and leave it in your hair for 24 hrs and wash it out (do this once a month or once a week if you are a regular swimmer), as it helps bring back some natural moisture.


Also, if you're hair's a mess if you don't straighten it, put the straightening cream in damp hair and then blow dry, that's really all you need, so you can straighten it less but you won't feel so conscious about how messy your hair looks.


Hope I've helped...
try Goldwell: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Goldwell-Kerasilk-鈥?/a>


http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Goldwell-Kerasilk-鈥?/a>
Same - I straighten my hair everyday and it's a bit brittle so I use Herbal Essences Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner (blue bottle) its really good - my hair looks and feels a lot healthier now and smells divine!!!





A lot of good value ranges such as Sunsilk, Tresemme, Herbal Essences etc stock nourishing heat protection shampoos/conditioners for this exact use so it's worth having a look at the ranges available. I'm guessing you already use heat protection straightening cream before straightening your hair? I find the vo5 or Loreal ones work best.





If you are looking to pay a bit more then I would recommend GHD shampoo/conditioner products designed specifically for this use - available from salons or ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment