Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Has anyone used Mane and Tail horse shampoo/conditioner on their own hair?

I have heard mixed things about Mane and Tail shampoo and conditioner. I was wondering if the horses shampoo and conditioner works well on dry hair? has anyone used them?


thank you :)Has anyone used Mane and Tail horse shampoo/conditioner on their own hair?
Depends on your hair type; and what works for one may not necessarily work for another; but M %26amp; T seems to do better for dry hair since a horses mane and tail is courser, dryer hair. I've used it before, and it was fine. Can't say it worked miracles or anything, but certainly didn't hurt. It won't hurt, by any means, to try it. Good luck.Has anyone used Mane and Tail horse shampoo/conditioner on their own hair?
I used to use it, but it worked just about the same as anything else. I have long naturally curly (ie frizzy if not done right) hair. The secret my cousin taught me is that unless you get really dirty (like being at the barn every single night in a dusty arena brushing dusty horses) only wash your hair with shampoo about every 3 days and in your shower every morning, put about a 1/2 dollar size dallop of conditioner (I use Suave, the ones that are like salon type but aren't-the same kind the person above said) for dry hair and massage it from the bottoms up and leave it in there while you wrap your hair in the towel. Don't wash it out. Then style as usual. Moisturizes your hair really well and I don't have any split ends, which for naturally curly hair is unusual I've been told.
I started using it on my own hair shortly after it came out. By accident I was stranded overnight and wanted to wash my hair and that was all I had in the horse trailer. I likked it and have used it often since-And I have very dry brittle hair. They now have a mane and tail aimed at people you can buy in a lot of supermarkets and stores like walmart. I don't know if it is the same as what you buy in feed stores or not, but it sure costs more, for a smaller bottle. So I just get mine at the feed store.
The parent company for main and tail is nexus (I think - they race TB) and it will work fine on your hair - we have known for a long time that main and tail is the same stuff we use just cheaper. I don't know if it will give you the results you are looking for. If your hair is dry it could be in need of a clarifying shampoo - I have well water and get minneral deposits in my hair and have to use clarifying shampoo with baking soda in it. Try some deep conditioners and leave them in your hair overnight. If all else fails you can try K pack by Joico - it's not cheap but it realy works.
They actullay sell Mane N Tail in Wal Mart for that purpose, I think the switched to a different one, but yes you can use it in your own hair. It does work okay and it smells good too :D. Oh and if you color your hair, don't worry about that either. Hehe, I've used anything from whitning shampoo to the Rio Vista products and everything was fine lol. But yes, I have taken a liking to horse shampoos and conditioners. :P
I have thick hair...past my butt...and I use it. After shampooing, I put the conditioner in. Then I take a big toothed comb and comb all the tangles out while I'm in the shower...before I rinse it out! You need to rinse it well...or you get the slick and heavy feeling. It does help with breakage and split ends. I love to use it...plus it lasts longer than other shampoos and conditioners...you don't have to use that much of it.





I also get it from the pet section of stores. I don't know why...but it is cheaper priced there...than in the human hair section...go figure...And it's priced cheaper than a feed store too.





My hair is shiny and soft, and combs out easily...even when dry.





But my favorite shampoo and conditioner is Suave's Humectant shampoo and conditioner. That stuff is awesome...and alot cheaper!!
I personally don't use it on myself. I like using the shampoo on the horses but don't really like the leave in conditioner for the horses either. It's too heavy for my liking. I use human conditioners on the horses tails. It works much better than the ones made for horses.
The good thing is that it's just shampoo and conditioner, it won't hurt to try it once and see how your hair reacts. Have you tried Purology? My hair is extremely dry from highlights and flat ironing and this is the only shampoo/conditioner that works for me.
I used to use it. I always thought it was kind of weird/neat to see it sold in some stores, like Odd Lots or Wal Mart (at least it used to be..).


I can't remember it ever ';working wonders'; on my hair, but it didn't make it worse. I never really liked the smell so I stopped using it.
Only seen it in stores and I find it a little expensive plus with it being horses' shampoo and stuff, I was not too game to try it. I use Zero Frizz on my hair and it smells great and feels great! My hair used to be really dry and frizzy.
I've used it on my horse and myself (it actually says on the bottle you can use it on humans...jeez people). It works well for my hair (wavy, a bit frizzy, thick) but I guess different types of hair might not have the same result.
I think products work differently on people, so what does good for one, won't necessarily on another. Yes, I used this years ago and it did work well. I have long, curly hair and it helped with moisturizing. Try it, see what how it works for you.
I use it when I ride on the back of my fiance's motorcycle, it helps de-tangle my hair. The only thing is it feels really waxy so I only use it when I have been on the bike and don't want to rip my hair out.
I have wondered this, too. I have very thick coarse stubby hair, I guess kind of like horse's tail, and I wondered about using this. I guess I will have to keep wondering.
I have used it before matter of fact they used to sell it in walmart. It kinda made my hair greasy like it might have had alot of silicone in it
I use the conditioner every single day and have for years. It works fine. I have super long hair and it helps with the fly away and tangles.
I use to. yea it does, although I'm allergic to it so i don't use it anymore. it works quite well though, just don't sue it if you have sensitive skin.
I have tried it, it didn't work that good..... I have really long hair %26amp; thick %26amp; the condiontioner didn't work. I use Matrix. I love it!! It works wonderful for knots.
Yup! I have used it and love it, works really well, and smells REALLY good too!
I used to use it all the time. It worked great, but I prefer Pantene for my own hair now.
i like the conditioner...but not the shampoo. the shampoo made my head itchy and flaky.. eww!
The Shampoo is marketed for people to use or it would not be int the shampoo asile.... I have used it and it is OK
I used it and it was horrible! It felt like I was waxing my hair and it was so weighed down and greasy.
yea it works REALLY GOOD! it makes your hair strong and healthy!
Yeah! It makes my horse's tail shine like a star in the sky, yo!
It makes your hair shiny! =D
I doubt it would be good for your hair to use it. Horse hair is of a different consistency than your hair so using horse shampoo might harm your hair....

No comments:

Post a Comment